Making the real estate industry more efficient
Home >> String’s Core Principles & Behaviors
String’s Core Principles & Behaviors
These principles and related behaviors guide us in everything we do
#1: Focus fiercely on customers
- Every client. Every time. No exceptions. No excuses
- Treat customers the way we would want to be treated
- Always look for ways to make it easier to do business with us
- Communicate, communicate, communicate!
- Don’t forget to say thank you
#2: Aspire to be the best
- Aim to develop world-class expertise in every business that String operates
- Become an expert at your task. This is a key part of earning respect.
- Become obsessed with finding a better way – as individuals, as teams and as an organization
- Seek to anticipate and act proactively at all times – with clients and with colleagues.
- Realize that we don’t know that we don’t know
- In God we trust. Every one else brings data to the table
- Simplicity is genius
#3: Build a great and winning culture
- Always operate with the highest standards of integrity. Build trust ahead of all else.
- Show uncommon commitment. People will know if you’re not 100% committed.
- Be open and honest – with yourself, with colleagues and with clients.
- Foster an environment of respect and inclusiveness
- Only choose those goals and activities, individually and as a team that are aligned with String’s core principles and vision. Remember: We can do ANYTHING, but we can’t do EVERYTHING.
- Realize that there will be challenges from outside that we can’t control. What we can and will control is our attitude and our actions
- Recognize that a team is always more powerful than an individual, and that collaboration and teamwork underlie everything we do
- Encourage an atmosphere of openness and democracy where questions will be welcome
- Keep in mind at all times that genuine success does not come from proclaiming our values, but from consistently putting them into daily action.
- Take care of your people. A reputation for doing this will also attract others to join you.
- Lead from the front. Don’t be in an ivory tower or above the fray. You get a better view from the front lines, and it’s the best way to lead
- In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.
- Remember that ordinary people can accomplish extraordinary results, when aligned around shared values and united in a common mission
- Finally: It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right
#4: Execute superbly
- Remember that the world becomes a better place because of what you do, not what you think or read
- Hold yourself accountable for meeting and exceeding goals
- Focus on accomplishing goals rather than worrying about looking good
- Design and maintain the best systems and operations
- Eliminate waste and bureaucracy.
- Push through. Walking the talk is an ongoing journey – it’s a process, not an event
- Seek to maintain String’s entrepreneurial agility and energy, regardless of our size
- Measure performance objectively through a complete and balanced scorecard of Vital Factors
- The inches we need are everywhere around us
- Responding with a sense of urgency is the ante to play
- Operations should be fast and simple.
- Innovation is rewarded. Execution is worshipped