Information Collected by STRING. STRING collects various types of information from Users of the Website and in the course of providing products and services. This information includes, but is not necessarily limited to, contact information, billing information, technical information relevant to the Website or a product or service provided by STRING, whether such information is related to such User of the Website, STRING clients or customers or consumers of STRING’s clients (including Personal Information, as defined herein). Information may be provided directly by a User or potential User of the Website or STRING’s products or services, collected when an individual accesses or submits information to the Website, or is obtained by STRING from third parties in the course of operating the Website or delivering products and services.
In addition, when a User visits the Website, STRING may collect and store information about the visit. This information may include, but is not limited to, the time and length of the visit, the pages viewed on the Website, actions taken while on the Website, and other information that may be relevant to a User’s actual use of the Website along the purpose of such application. STRING also may collect, on an anonymized and aggregate basis, the website the User visited just before coming to the Website and the name of a User’s internet service provider. STRING uses this information to measure Website activity and to develop ideas for improving the Website.
Types of Information:
- Confidential Information: non-public information concerning an individual or entity. Confidential information includes Personal Information.
- Personal Information: a subset of Confidential Information, Personal Information includes any data this is personally identifiable, such as name, social security number, street address, account numbers, phone numbers, and financial information. Personal Information does not include information that does not identify a specific individual.
Use of Information:
Information collected by STRING may be used in the following ways:
- To operate the Website.
- To provide technology in-line with its stated purpose of use for a client and other Users
- To provide products and services provided by STRING.
- To provide customer service with respect to the Website or products or services provided by STRING.
- To improve the Website or products or services provided by STRING.
- To address any network security issues.
Security of Confidential Information. STRING protects Confidential Information with physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that address the integrity and security of Confidential Information in STRING’s possession. All Personal information that is transmitted to or from STRING is transmitted using secure transmission methods and/or up to 256 bit encryption. All Personal Information stored by STRING is encrypted before storage and all data at rest is encrypted. STRING contractually requires its website Users to represent and warranty that they have physical, administrative and technical safeguards in place to protect Confidential Information.
Sharing of Confidential Information. STRING limits the sharing of Confidential Information. Confidential Information will be shared with employees, contractors or agents of STRING in connection with the operation of the Website or the provision of products or services or in connection with such any such individuals’ performance of their job responsibilities (such as legal or finance personnel). Information may also be shared with other Users of the Website.
Any transfer of Personal Information to a third party will be in connection with the business purpose for which STRING received such Personal Information or as required or permitted by applicable law.
String Real Estate Information Services, LLC
Attn: Privacy Matters
630 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10017