Making the real estate industry more efficient
June 2019: Top 10 tweets
- One billion dollars (you can’t hear it, but we’re saying it in our best Dr. Evil voice). That’s how much money Google’s going to spend in the Bay Area for affordable housing.
- Single family home sales drop 7.8% in May, missing expectations
- Renting and reinvesting in stocks is better for people in 19 of 23 metros, but that’s okay because a growing number of people aren’t interested in owning.
- The best economy belongs to Washington state (and the best weather, if you like cool, rainy days as much as we do), but they’re not the state with the highest median household income.
- The housing market in San Francisco is heating up with people rushing to buy before tech companies go public.
- Morning Mocha: “Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity.” — Christopher Morley
- Build-to-rent business explodes as investors look for more inventory
- Everyone seems to be happy with the selling season right now.
- Morning Mocha: This day in 1920 was the last day to send children through the mail. (We’re not kidding.)
- Morning Mocha: “I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” –Steven Wright